Local Lottery Ticket Scams | Crime
In Fair Oaks, VA, there have been at least three victims who have lost thousands of dollars in a fake lottery ticket scam. The suspect with a thick accent approaches victims in parking lots or grocery stores saying that he has won the lottery, but cannot claim the money because he is not a U.S. Citizen.
Then the suspect lures victims into paying an upfront cash security deposit in order to get the winnings. There have been three different victims so far that have been lured into this scam. One 45-year-old man gave $15,000 in cash to two men at a Fair Oaks gas station in early July. Police are investigating this case along with two others that may be linked.
Top Fairfax Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Man Charged with 2nd Degree Murder in Va.
- 70 Firefighters Put Out Springfield Home Fire
- Greenspring Receives Fit-Friendly Worksites Platinum Award from the American Heart Association
- Springfield Man Charged For Producing Child Pornography
- 1 Teen Convicted, 2 Teens Plead Guilty In Sex On Camera Case