Tips for Eating Healthfully From a Vending Machine | Business
We live in a fast-paced world and, at one time or another, we have all found ourselves face to face with a vending machine, looking for a snack or beverage. The problem, up until now, has been that vending machine food was always synonymous with junk food or unhealthy options. But a new company has set out to change the way people see vending machines, and the nutrition that they get from them.
“Maybe it wasn’t easy to find healthy, tasty food from vending machines before, but we have made it our mission to change that,” explains Jolly Backer, the chief executive officer of Fresh Healthy Vending (www.freshvending.com). “Now, people can get a nutritious snack or beverage, whether they are playing, working, or at school. We are on the move and hopefully coming to an area near you soon.”
When looking for quick food on the go, the new Healthy Fresh Vending machines serve up the perfect snack or drink! Stocked with a wide variety of top-brand healthy food options, ranging from fresh fruits and vegetables to baked chips and even soymilk and yogurt, there is something for every budget and taste.
Here are some tips for eating healthfully from a vending machine:
- Opt for fresh fruits and vegetables first. They are usually the lowest in calories and highest in fiber, and they pack a nutritional punch.
- To save calories on beverages, opt for flavored water, unsweetened iced tea, milk or soymilk.
- Try to keep your snack option to 100 calories, and pay attention to the number of servings. You may need to share it with a friend or save some for later!
- Opt for the most nutrient-dense foods, so that your snack satisfies you longer, such as fruits, vegetables, yogurt, natural granola bars, and smoothies.
- Determine whether you are hungry or just thirsty. People often believe they are hungry, thus filling up on calories, when really they are simply dehydrated and need to drink something, specifically water or flavored water.
Fresh Healthy Vending has made eating healthfully from a vending machine their mission. Their vending-machine revolution has created a brighter, nicer machine that is stocked with all-healthy food options.
“It is just as possible to eat healthfully from a vending machine as it is to eat healthfully from home,” adds Backer. “You just need to make sure you are making your selection from a Fresh Healthy Vending machine.”
Their vending machines also offer a cashless payment option and plenty of opportunities for those considering franchise options.
About Fresh Healthy Vending
Based in San Diego, Fresh Healthy Vending is a company that started in 2010 and is revolutionizing vending machines by filling them with healthy, natural food options. Dubbed the “future of vending,” they are leading the way in healthy food vending. Their machines offer 100-percent juices, fresh vegetables, fruits, smoothies, and yogurts. The Fresh Healthy Vending machines are franchised and are being placed in schools, offices and other locations throughout the country. To learn more about Fresh Healthy Vending, visit the website at www.freshvending.com