Got Turkey Neck? MD Dermatology can help! | Health
Although we may be months away from Thanksgiving, many people talk about “turkey neck.” What they are referring to, however, is the often unsightly loose skin that is sagging beneath their chin. While this turkey neck may be common, especially as people age, it is not something that people have to put up with if they would like to make a change. There is help for those who have this problem, and it’s called precision neck contouring.
“We are thrilled to be the first office in the county to offer precision neck contouring,” explains Dr. Sanjiv Saini of MD Dermatology, with locations in Edgewater and Lexington Park, Maryland. “This procedure provides those who have ‘turkey neck,’ as well as other neck skin problems, with a solution. And it’s one that is effective and long-lasting.”
Those who have sagging skin under their chin are ideal candidates for precision neck contouring, a procedure that is conducted under the direction of a trained and experienced dermatologist. Here are a few things to know about getting precision neck contouring to help eliminate turkey neck:
· Precision neck contouring can be used to address the sagging, loose skin under the chin that is often caused by flaccid muscles, as well as by fat accumulation. The procedure involves three holes that are made right below the ears and under the chin, with the area numbed, in order to remove the fat and tighten the skin.
· This high-tech procedure is the most advanced option available for treating trouble spots where fat collects. The treatment addresses the laxity of the skin, giving it a firmer, tighter appearance.
· The procedure is minimally invasive and requires minimal downtime for recovery. No general anesthetic is required, and patients generally can leave the office after a 30-minute recovery period. Within a few days, patients are able to return to normal activities, and can go back to strenuous activities after two weeks.
· The results produced by precision neck contouring last longer than with other treatment options, such as having injections done. It provides people with the opportunity to turn back the clock and do away with turkey neck.
“With precision neck contouring, people generally see the results in 24 hours, but they will see the best results 3-6 months down the road,” added Dr. Saini. “It’s a highly effective procedure that can provide successful results for eliminating the dreaded turkey neck. And having it done over the summer will help ensure that your turkey neck is gone by this Thanksgiving.”
MD Dermatology offers a full line of clinical dermatology procedures in addition to precision neck contouring, including laser services, injection services, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and more. They are a medically directed spa that offers a wide range of services to meet the unique needs of every patient. For additional information, visit their site at: www.mddermatology.com.
Upcoming Events near Fairfax
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 50 PERCENT OFF at BELLEZZA SPA for ACTIVE DUTY/RETIRED MILITARY/SPOUSES
- Two people were injured as they tried to rescue a man from a house fire in Centreville.
- BELLEZZA SPA SUPPORTS OPEN ARMS: DONATES $230 SPA PACKAGE
- BELLEZZA SPA DONATES 20 PERCENT of Mother's Day Sales to LIFE WITH CANCER
- Fairfax Co. Police look for suspects after cars, property stolen